♥ Download the Meeting Fact Sheet for all the basic info - 2019 Meeting FACT Sheetv5
Western Section AUA • 95th Annual Meeting
November 3-7, 2019 • Monterey, CA
Portola Hotel at Monterey Bay
CME credits pending - estimated 28 to 32 ■ Twitter meeting hashtag #WSAUA19
New on Saturday: Powered-UP Urology Practice Success Clinic - more info
Plan Now for the Best Week in Urology!
All Urology Professionals Welcome
We Deliver a Handcrafted Meeting where Ideas Flow, Skills Grow and You Glow!
All Urology Professionals Welcome
The Western Section of the American Urological Association invites all AUA members and Urology professionals around the world to join us in scenic Monterey, CA, for one of Urology’s top meetings. With over 350 Urologists and 50 allied health (APP/PA) attendees expected, the WSAUA Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of Urologists & related professionals in the Western U.S. We provide the most cost-effective use of your time by combining comprehensive content, fun networking, expert speakers, top quality CME and an array of high quality social activity - all in a comfortable, convenient and collegial meeting environment. Families and Spouses are welcome at the Western Section! This is UROLOGY UPGRADED. Experience a higher level of learning, enjoyment and camaraderie - we look forward to welcoming you!
Who Should Attend?
Urologists • Urology Residents and Fellows • Doctors of Osteopathy • Advanced Practice Providers • Physician Assistants • Nurse Practitioners • Industry Partners • Office Managers • Allied Health Professionals
Getting to Monterey
Getting to the Monterey Peninsula and the Portola Hotel is easy. Fly directly into Monterey’s hassle-free airport (MRY) located just 10 minutes from the hotel. Airlines servicing the Monterey Regional Airport include American, United, Alaska, Allegiant, and US Airways, offering over 80 flights daily. Other travel options include flying into San Jose International Airport, a quick one-hour drive or San Francisco International Airport, a one and a half hour drive down the picturesque California coast. https://www.seemonterey.com/resources/getting-here/
Suggested Meeting Travel Dates: Arrive Saturday, Nov. 2 & Depart Thursday, Nov. 7 after 2pm
Things to do: Click here for Monterey tourism information
Shuttle Service: The Portola Hotel does not have a hotel shuttle service; however, guests are encouraged to call the Monterey Shuttle Airbus or Yellow Cab Taxi service to and from the hotel. Shuttle service is available to the hotel from Monterey, San Francisco and San Jose airports
- Monterey Shuttle Airbus – (831) 373-7777
- Yellow Cab – (831) 649-1234
Weather: The autumn season in Monterey is surprisingly mild, with occasional light rainfall and plenty of sunshine. Temperatures average around 68°F daytime and nights about 51°F so bring proper clothing.
Dress Code: Business casual. For exhibitors and presenters, resort style business attire. Resort cocktail attire at evening social events.
We welcome you!
Dr. Jeffrey Frankel (& Sophie)
- Chair: Kathleen Kobashi, MD
- Chris Porter, MD, Chair (Virginia Mason Clinic) (Posters)
- Anne Schuckman, MD (USC) (Testis/Bladder/Urethra)
- Gary Chien, MD (Kaiser Los Angeles) (Video Sessions)
- Jim Hotaling, MD (UTAH) (Peds/Sex Med)
- David Ginsberg, MD (USC), (Pelvic Floor)
- Tim Brand, MD (MADIGAN), (Prostate)
- Tom Chi, MD (UCSF), (Kid/Lap, Calc)
- Joe Presti, Jr., MD, (Kaiser Oak.) (GU Tumor/Res Bowl/Poster Winners)
- Craig Comiter, MD (OHSU), (Round Table/How I do it)
- Dean Hadley, MD, (LLUMC), (Round Table/How I do it)
- Eugene Rhee, MD (Kaiser SoCal) (Health Data/Quality Improvement)
Thank you 2018 Exhibitors
- Acquire Med
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- American Urological Association
- Astellas Pharma
- Astellas Pharma US / Pfizer Oncology
- Augmenix, Inc.
- Avadel Pharmaceuticals
- BD UCC
- BK Ultrasound
- Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc.
- Boston Scientific
- Cook Medical
- Dendreon Pharmaceuticals
- Dornier MedTech
- EDAP TMS
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Exosome Diagnostics
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- Genomic Health
- Hitachi Healthcare
- Karl Storz
- Microgen DX
- Myriad Genetic Laboratories
- Olympus America Inc
- OPKO Health
- Pacific Edge Diagnostics
- Pacific Litho
- PSS Urology
- Richard Wolf Medical Instruments
- Siemens Healthineers
- STILLE Surgical
- U.S. Army Health Care Recruiter
- Universal Hospital Services
- University Compounding Pharmacy
- US Doctors Surgical Centers LLC