Deadline for PowerPoint Files: September 10, 2019
An Invitation to Participate
from the Program Chairman
Christopher Porter, MD
• Abstract, Video & Essay Deadline: June 10, 2019
• Notification of abstract acceptance in July 2019
• Deadline for PowerPoint Files: September 10, 2019
• You can make file updates on-site - 2 hours before your presentation
• WIDE FORMAT SCREEN (16:9) USED DURING SESSIONS
• Resort style business attire for presentation (coat/tie optional)
The 95th Annual Meeting will be held in Monterey, CA at the site of our 2013 meeting. The Portola Hotel & Monterey Conference Center will once again serve as our meeting venue and I recommend you book your room as early as possible as our group room block will likely sell-out quickly.
We are now accepting abstract submissions for the following topics: Bladder/Urethra, Calculi, Neurourology, Kidney, Pediatrics, Sexual Medicine, Incontinence/Pelvic Floor, Prostate, Testis, Ureter, How I Do it, History and Health Policy.
You may present your paper in one of the following formats:
Podium or Poster, Poster Only, Round Table, Essay Contest, or Digital Video.
We have improved our online submission process, making it easier and more streamlined.
The Program Committee will be meeting in July and soon thereafter notification of your submission acceptance will be sent. Please be sure to register for the meeting and review the abstract submission instructions.
There is something for everyone and we welcome your participation!
BONUS: If you are not a member and wish to join the WsAUA, your first meeting registration is free with your membership dues!
For WSAUA Residents: Enjoy one of urology's most collegial communities!
Maximizing the value of your meeting experience is our first priority. We also understand the need to network with interesting people and get some fresh air!
- Value: We offer very discounted meeting registration which includes many meals and events, (a $2000 value). Plus we offer a discounted registration for your spouse/guest which also includes spouse hospitality and social events. This is our way of welcoming you to the Western Section. Our meetings are family friendly too!
- Awards: There are numerous ways to be awarded for your excellence. See link above. In addition, scholarship awards are given to defer travel costs to one presenting resident per each training facility in the Western Section (to be selected by the program chief). The amount is $1000 except when the meeting is in Hawaii in which case it is $1500.
- Participation: WSAUA offers a wide variety of sessions from posters to the famous Round Table Program - allowing you more opportunity to present to your peers. Beyond the sessions we offer our Resident's "Rock 'n Roll" Bowl where you can compete with 3 teams of 4 for bragging rights and a lot of fun! There is also the Resident's Luncheon Program where its all about the business aspects of getting into a practice.
For Physicians and Young Urologists:
We also invite you to submit an abstract for our scientific program. Abstracts can be submitted online via the link above.
Are you interested in health policy issues? If yes, submit a health policy / practice management related essay for award consideration and presentation during the Health Policy Forum - see details here.
Didactic learning from our experts: Our comprehensive Postgraduate Review & Examination Preparation Courses (PREP-C) will be offered to help you study for the In-Service Exam for re-certification and the Board Review Exam. Also, great for an overall urology didactical review. This is included with your registration.
Your Benefit: Opportunity & Enduring Relationships
In a convenient, affordable and beautiful location you can present to the largest urology meeting in the western U.S. , gain recognition by your peers, win awards, expand your network, enhance your career opportunities, engage with colleagues and industry, update your skills, learn new practice tools and innovations, prepare for new health policy changes, hear what’s in and what’s not, what the experts are saying….and build lasting relationships with some of the best urology professionals in the west.
We look forward to your participation, and just email or call us if you have a question or need help at 714.550.9155.
Christopher Porter, MD
• AUA Disclosure
• Submit Abstract
• Presentation Instructions
• View Call for Papers (PDF)
• Award Opportunities & Info
• Presenter File Upload Utility
• Order Your Poster
AUA Disclosure - Important
Be sure you have updated your AUA Disclosure at http://www.auanet.org/cme/coi/
If you do not have an AUA ID, CLICK HERE. Click on "Request New Account" and proceed to create your account.